It's been a while. A lot has transpired. All good....so far! It's been about 6 weeks since my last post. Since then I have:
- Finished my first year at my current school
- Presented at the CSTA national conference in San Diego
- Walked every inch of the San Diego Zoo
- Attended a College Board workshop in Anaheim, California
- Walked every inch of Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
- Made it to the top of Mount Diablo, California
- Spent the day touring vineyards in
- I am currently attending a week long professional development put on by Code.org. It is at a local hotel, which I am fortunate enough to be staying at, which is giving me another week long "staycation!"
All of these have helped me to "press my reset button." It was wonderful to get away and to be off the grid for a total of 5 days. I was able to return to my curriculum project at school with a fresh look and renewed enthusiasm!
I participated in the Esprit De She 5K, and the Imerman Angels Brunch 5K. I continued with my cancer rehabilitation, have been walking 2 -3 times a week, joined Cancer to 5K, and recently restarted my Couch to 5k training program (again). I met with my Imerman Angels mentor, and have made plans to meet with her again next week (she lives about 4 hours away, so we met halfway between our homes).
I have also restarted my Weight Watchers membership, which I put on hold as soon as I was diagnosed. I have lost 3 pounds so far.
I had my 3 month chest x-ray and CT Scan. I meet with my oncologist on August 15th, the same day our teacher professional development starts at school. I am feeling positive about the test results and hoping my appointment confirms this!