Two-Thirds Done!

This was my Spring Break week. I had planned to get quite a bit accomplished this week. Unfortunately I didn't. As a matter of fact, as of Saturday morning the pile of paperwork on my kitchen table is higher than it was at the beginning of the week, the assignments are still not graded, bills not paid, taxes not done, planning for school not done. I think I am running out of time! We have a bar mitzvah to attend today (Saturday), and that will take up the bulk of the day. Depending on how tired I am when I get home, I doubt will be able to accomplish much.

While I didn't accomplish much on my to-do list this week, I did get an opportunity to catch up with many friends. A leisurely breakfast with a friend and former colleague one day, an extended coffee date that turned into dinner another day. Many people stopped by to visit. I also had a preliminary fitness assessment at the Wellness House, met with the neurologist, and met with a generic counselor prior to having my blood drawn for the BRCA1 BRCA2 blood test.

After hearing my family history, the Generic counselor was surprised that no one else, especially the surgeon who did my hysterectomy in 2013, suggested that I be tested before. I should have the results of the test in 2-3 seems. Depending on what they find, further testing of my sample could be required, or my children and living siblings could need to be tested. 

Friday was the day 8 treatment for cycle 4. That means I am officially 2/3 of the way done with my treatment! Day 8 treatment is the IP Taxol, which usually has fewer immediate side effects than the IP Display in treatment of day 2. It starts with the premiere into my IV (Saline, Pepcid, benadryl, and a steroid), then the IP starts. 1.5 liters of saline and Taxol directly into my abdomen. I must have been tired, because I slept through the entire treatment!

After chemo I went to my weekly reiki appointment. We worked on more guided meditation. I left the office feeling bloated but good. The worst part about feeling bloated is that I get hungry, but there is absolutely no room for any food. It makes me very cranky. I was up most of Friday night, simply unable to find a comfortable sleeping position. The good news is that the prescription strength antacid the doctor prescribed seems to be working; my heartburn is greatly reduced.  

I had registered to run the Shamrock Shuffle before my diagnosis. I truly had every intention of trying to at least walk the 8K tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be the best decision for my health right now, so I'm sending my "racing buddy" in to do it by herself. I feel bad. I have registered to do the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition 5K on June 18th at Arlington Park. I am hoping to start my Couch to 5K training this week so I can actually participate with the others who have signed up to be on my team. Please consider donating to help me reach my fundraising goal, or joining my team and run/walk the 5K with me!